O COME O COME EMMANUEL
O come, O come, Emmanuel and ransom captive Israel
That mourns in lonely exile here until the Son of God appear
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel shall come to thee, O Israel.
O come, Thou Rod of Jesse, free thine own from Satan’s tyranny
From depths of Hell Thy people save
And give them victory o’er the grave
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel Shall come to thee, O Israel.
O come, Desire of nations, bind in one the hearts of all mankind
Bid Thou our sad divisions cease, and be Thyself our king of peace
Rejoice, Rejoice, Emmanuel shall come to thee, O Israel!
So Rejoice, Rejoice, Emmanuel
Has come to thee, O Israel! Has come to thee, O Israel! Israel!
EMMANUEL MEANS GOD WITH US.
She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." 22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Emmanuel"—which means, "God with us." Matthew 1:21-23
1) GOD IS WITH YOU.
The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you." Luke 1:28
2) GOD WAS WITH YOU.
- But the LORD was with Joseph and showed him mercy, and He gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison. Genesis 39:21 NKJV
3) GOD WILL BE WITH YOU.
- Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.Romans 8:35, 37-39
• In what ways have you experienced God being with you?
• What difficult circumstances are you facing that you need God to be with you right now?
• What steps do you need to take to experience more of God?